Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Margaret Mahy Recount

Hi, welcome to my blog and today I will be showing you my town trip recount. The  teachers gave us a template to start writing our recount with stuff we needed to add. This recount was quite fun because I got to think back about the wonderful day we had!


Here is my recount below


On Thursday the 20th of may the tumu hub went on a trip to town to help us with our PBL. 


The Tumu hub got dropped off at Margaret Mahy and from there we went to do activities. Korokio stayed at Margaret Mahy to learn more about it. First we did a little scavenger hunt and then we looked at the story ark, carved into the story ark there was a song and one of Elsie Locke’s stories and we got a piece of paper and a crayon to colour over the design and get the designs and then we had a little play.

Next we went to look at the Māroi mats around the town. We only saw 3 different mats. The mat at Margaret Mahy had Pou Medicine because you get hurt at the playgrounds and the gray bricks resembulled whānau (Family). After we looked at the mats we went and fed the tuna. I was the second group in our team. We got cat food and put it on a white plastic spoon. Sadly, no tuna ate the food.

After no tuna ate the food we went on the Waka and learnt some commands. I was on the girl only boat but we had an instructor that was a boy and needed two more people so they had to be boys but mostly girls. To get ready we needed to use the commands. I can't quite remember them but I know that you put your paddle up then down 45 then down in the water then you need to say he ha. He is you paddling and then Ha is tapping it against the side of the Waka.

We took a long walk over to Victoria Square. We got a little snack and it seemed we were hungry then Mrs Brown sent us to look around the park. After that she told us that  Victoria Square used to be somewhere where people traded food and that made me hungry, Mrs Brown told us some more facts about  Victoria Square. Then she gave us some paper to draw the pou after that we walked back to Margaret Mahy.

We walked over to Margaret Mahy and said thank you to the parents for giving up their time to help to thank them. We sang E me naka ana. We were supposed to have an hour of play but the buses arrived earley.


My favourite part of the trip was going on the Waka because you got to shout He Ha and under the bridge it echoed. We didn't learn much on the Waka but we learnt commands for the Waka. 


Something I learnt was that Tuna likes cat food and mince.


The thing I found the most interesting was that there is a song caved into the story ark and  the wonderful drawings.


This trip has helped me with my PBL because we learnt so much about New Zealand's past that will help me with the PBL.


Have you ever gone to Margaret Mahy? If so, what is your favorite thing there or have you gone to Victoria square? What's your favorite thing?


1 comment:

  1. Hi Georgia,
    I love what you have written you have put some many details about what you did. My favourite part of your trip recount was when you explained what you did at Maragret Mahy playground. I like the way you explained about Elise Lock's story. Maybe next time you could put each thing we did in seperet pharagraghs. This reminded me of when I went to Margaret Mahy and all of the fun things I did. My favourite thing at Maragrate Mahy playground is those steps down to the river. What is your favourite thing about Margaret Mahy playground?
    Thank you for taking the time to write this awesome trip recount.
    -Lucy

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post