Pages

Friday, August 6, 2021

The Yellow Umbrella

 Kia Ora,

This week for writing we wrote about Umbrella. Our learning goal is to use a range of written features to engage the audience, use simple and compound sentences with a variety of beginnings, lengths and structures, use some complex sentences to create pace, flow and interest & ensure that most writing is grammatically correct.

Umbrella is a short movie clip about empathy, empathy is about putting your self in some one else's shoes and understanding what they are feeling.

Umbrella is about a little girl and her mother going to an orphanage and giving them toys but then her Umbrella goes missing so she goes up stairs and sees a little boy the reason the little boy called Boris took the Umbrella was because his dad had a yellow Umbrella so the little girl gives the umbrella to Boris.

Here is my writing


 When is a time when you showed empathy?

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Georgia,
    I love the way you have talked about the yellow Umbrella.
    Maybe next time you could use a different colour Title.
    I also love the way you have included the goal for this week.
    Keep Up the Good Work.
    Francesca.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post